Friday, September 19, 2008

Wow, What a Week!

I'm managing to blog while Brody is still sleeping at 8:50am. Why is he sleeping this late? Well, that's because he was awake this morning from 3:30am-5:15am!! So, needless to say, I'm exhausted. But, I feel bad for him, because he is getting a cold/sore throat and it came from me.


A month ago, I started getting really tired and had a headache every single day. Advil or tylenol would do nothing. That lasted a week. Then last Monday, my throat started to hurt. I waited until Wednesday to go to the doctor. No strep throat, but they gave me an antibiotic (Ryan argued that, but what else is new. Why do I have a doctor? Ryan just second guesses every decision that is made. But, he's also soo helpful. Living with a doc has its perks too).


My throat got worse and worse, growing white spots on my left tonsils. It was excruciating to swallow. I couldn't sleep without feeling like my throat was closing up. I had ZERO energy. Combine all of this with watching a 2-year old boy every day, and that spells disaster!


I finally went back yesterday to the doctor. They did a blood test, and it turns out I have mono. So, at least I know I'm not dying of throat cancer, which is what I determined was my fate after day 8 of misery. So, today, my throat is getting better. Still popping advil every 6 hours, and sucking on cough drops, but it is much better!



Anyways, I am praying for a great weekend. Ryan is heading off to the Ryder Cup with my Dad on Saturday. They are both pretty excited. I am glad for them, it should be lots of fun (if you enjoy watching people play the most boring game ever). I'm sure I will be here trying to get my house back in order after 2 weeks of neglect. Sunday, I plan on leaving the house and not returning until dinnertime. I think I deserve that kind of a break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it sucks living with a doc doesn't it? Is Ryan a bad nurse like Curtis is? And every time I am sick they think you should just hurry up and get over it. Most of the time Curtis doesn't even want to try to fix me -- he pawns me off on other people! But it has its perks too I guess!

Rachel Julius.... said...

poor little guy! as for the mono - i've had it and it sucks huge doesn't it?! i'll send my nanny over as soon as she's done cleaning jason's clogged toilet and running my bath for me - HAH!