Saturday, December 31, 2011

New York City!!

I got to take a short trip to visit my sister in Albany, New York the week before Christmas. It was so nice to see her and her adorable family. I miss having my sister nearby. I would have loved to take both of my kids with me, but it would have been really hard to navigate the airplane and airports with 2 kids by myself. So, I was treated to a trip by myself!!

Jodi and I decided to go to NYC while I was up visiting. We drove in to the city and stayed overnight. It was so neat to be there for Christmas. I have been the NYC a few times, once including when Jodi marched in the Macy's Parade at Thanksgiving 20 years ago. It's so pretty in the city at Christmastime. I really enjoyed seeing all of the lights and trees and PEOPLE! It is so crowded!

We went by the World Trade Center Memorial while we were there. It was really touching. I felt a little strange going to see the site as a "tourist" where so many people probably go visit to mourn their loved ones. They have done a remarkable job, it is a great memorial. Everyone should go see it if in the city.

The trip was great. I enjoyed seeing my sister and brother-in-law and my niece and nephew. We really miss them and wish they lived closer. Their new house is gorgeous and I really like their new town. I was ready to come home to see my family. A nice break was very much needed, but I was really happy to get back home and get everything ready for Christmas!










No comments: