We are finally moved in and mostly settled into our new house! Our move went pretty well, considering it was the hottest day we've had this summer, around 93 degrees! Nothing was broken or damaged, so that's the best thing. Ryan's mom helped us so much with the move. They stayed at the house and put up blinds while I stayed with the movers. By the end of the day, I was exhausted, my feet and back were really hurting, and I had a huge headache. But, it was a success. I did run into a snag when I couldn't find the screws for the baby crib or our bed frame. We found them yesterday in the last box we looked in, so Ryan put both beds together last night. We now have TV, internet, and phone, so life is starting to feel back to normal.
Ryan's last official day as a UK resident was yesterday. He went to sign out and turn in his pager and sign final paperwork. I'm sure it was very strange to leave UK. He has been affiliated with UK for 12 years straight! 4 years in undergrad, 4 years of medical school, and 4 years of residency. He is officially finished with school/training! His board exam is late August, and then he will officially be on his own!
Here are some pictures of our new house. We are still unpacking a few boxes and have all of our pictures/frames left to hang on the walls. But, it's definitely starting to look like home!
2 comments:
Congrats! I love the house, especially the stone fireplace and the open kitchen. DId you say it's here in Lexington? Have fun getting settled in.
Julie, Your new house is beautiful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment