Monday, July 20, 2009

Raegan Lee West

Raegan is here!  She decided to come a little early, July 13, 2009 at 4:38am.  She weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long.  She is just perfect!  We are so in love with her. Brody is a great big brother!  He is very concerned when she is crying.  He is very gentle and aware of where she is.  We are pretty pleased with his reaction.

I ended up having a regular delivery, no surgery this time!  I'm very happy about that.  Although I'm very sore, it sure beats recovering from a cesarean.  Ryan has been a huge help the past week, taking care of Brody while we were still in the hospital, and helping out with Brody while I'm feeding Raegan.  I am breastfeeding her, which is a big change for me.  I tried to breastfeed Brody, but he would have nothing to do with it.  Raegan is a champ!  She's a great eater, and has had no problems with it so far.  I will say, it takes a LOT more time to breastfeed, and sometimes I wish I could give her a bottle.  But, I really like the closeness I feel with her, and I know it's good for her.  So, I'm going to try to keep it up as long as I can.  My only concern is that when Ryan is not around as much, I will not have as much time for Brody as I would like.

Here are some pictures of our first week with Raegan.





1 comment:

Danielle said...

Congratulations again! What a perfect little girl. The breastfeeding will get easier, at least it did for me.

How fun that yours and Jodi's kids are so close in age. Now if you can just get her back here!