Sunday, October 17, 2010

Peek A Boo!


This was taken before we put all the kitchen chairs in the closet until Raegan gets out of her climbing phase. Last week, Raegan was climbing on the chairs and was making her way up to the table. I didn't make it over to her fast enough, and she fell down and hit her head on the hardwood floors. She was crying and holding her breath. I picked her up and was blowing in her face and sprinkled water on her to get her to take a breath. She finally got one little gasp in before, to my HORROR, she passed out in my arms. She was out for about 5 seconds before she came to. I quickly called Ryan at the office, and he said to bring her there. So, I got the kids in the van and sped all the way to the office. Everything was fine, just a bump on her head. She was back to her normal self in an hour or so.

It was the scariest thing I have witnessed as a parent. I hope to never see it happen again. I really can't even describe what it felt like to hold my baby and watch her pass out in my arms. Ryan did this same thing when he was a little kid, so she must get it honestly. His mom said he outgrew the "holding breath and passing out"phase by the time he was about 3. I pray this phase ends soon. Now, when she gets mad or hurt and starts to cry, I can't help but to panic and scoop her up immediately and hope she doesn't hold her breath.

The joys of motherhood.......

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a scare! I can't even imagine how you felt. I'm glad she's better now.