We carved pumpkins with Brody last week. We chose to do it during Raegan's nap. Was that mean? She wouldn't get much out of it. She did get to pose for pictures when it was done!
Brody enjoyed it, but would not touch the pumpkin's insides or seeds! He was very grossed out by the whole thing, even cried when I asked him to touch it. I roasted the seeds in the oven, so yummy! They are really good, just melt butter and add worcheshire (don't know if I spelled that correctly) and salt. So good! I finished off the seeds that night, after Brody and Ryan had their fill of them.
All in all, a great time! We got some cute pictures, of course. It's now a week later, and I had to throw the pumpkins away already. They rotted out. I guess the warm weather wasn't ideal. We probably carved them a week too early. I bought a new pumpkin today and we'll give it another go so we can have a jack-o-lantern for Trick-or-Treat night!
The kids go trick-or-treating in Paris on Sunday, October 31st. Raegan will be a black kitty cat. I had her try on her costume last week to make sure it fit and everything was ok. She loved it! I was worried that the hat would bother her. But, she loved looking at herself in the mirror. She acted so proud! Brody is going to be Spiderman, of course! It will be a great night.
Happy Halloween!!
1 comment:
That last picture is so cool! I don't have the patience to carve pumpkins but they always look so neat.
Post a Comment