Saturday, September 11, 2010

Soccer Practice

Brody had his first soccer practice this Thursday night. He was pretty excited to go, and so was I. I'm really looking forward to the part of parenting when your kids are involved in sports and we get to watch him and cheer him on. So, I'm hoping he really enjoys athletics and chooses a sport he likes to play!

Practice started at 6:30pm. I thought it started at 6pm, so we were there very early. Not good for little sister. I brought snacks and toys, but there's only so much you can entertain a 1-year old with before she gets tired of being stuck in the stroller and WANTS OUT!!

Brody was a little shy to start practice, but once he saw a little friend from swim lessons, he went right over and joined the group. He had a great time. They practiced dribbling the ball, shooting in the goal, and passing with a partner. I think his favorite thing was at the end, they got to have running races. He LOVES to race, especially if he wins. He was the biggest kid out there (big surprise). So, he won the races 3 out of 4 times. Thank goodness, or there could've been trouble! :) We are working with him on his always having to win at things. It's very hard for him to lose, and very frustrating for us. It's a work in progress! At the end of practice, they all got a shirt. He loves his shirt and is very excited for next week. I learned to bring more snacks and toys for Raegan!

I am also posting some pictures I took of the kids at the fountains in downtown Lexington. Brody loves it there, and Raegan had a great time as well. Made me a nervous wreck, with all the traffic around. But, we all survived and I got some good pics of the kids as well.


1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love seeing little kids play sports! Wes and I look forward to the days when we get to watch our little guys play too!