Brody was extremely grumpy after school on Friday. So, we somehow managed to get him to take a nap (after MUCH protest). When he woke up, he was burning hot with a fever of 102. Ryan checked his ears/throat, listened to his lungs, and decided he had bronchitis. Brody always gets sick in his lungs. He has very large tonsils, and usually ends up with a croupy cough and asthma. So, we had to run very quickly to Rite Aid to get an antibiotic and steroid, as well as give him breathing treatments. We were able to pack the kids up and get them to my parents, where they were going to spend the night that night. Ryan and I had already made plans to go to the YMCA Fundraising Event here in Paris at Adena Springs Horse Farm. I felt very bad sending my kids to my parents when Brody was sick. I wrote out all dosing directions/times. Even Raegan needed motrin at night for teething.
At 4:30am, I heard the phone ring and it was my mom. Brody was crying in the background and wanted to come home. So, we got in the car and drove to Lexington. We were able to get him to fall asleep on the couch with me for an hour or so, to let Raegan finish sleeping. He just was not feeling well, and I understand, you want your Mommy. So, Saturday was not fun. We were all very tired, Raegan was starting to get more fussy.
Sunday morning, Raegan woke up with a 102 fever. She was getting her bottom molars in, starting to get a runny nose/cough. Ugh! That night, she was up more than she slept. But, her tooth finally came in. I think the other side has yet to poke through, which means another night of misery for all! It's now Wednesday, and she still is running a slight fever and is very fussy, in addition to getting a croupy cough as well. We took her to Ryan's office and he did a strep screen on her. POSITIVE. So, now she's on an antibiotic and steroid. FUN TIMES!
I just hope Ryan and I manage to stay healthy. It's exhausting when your kids are sick. I feel bad for them and want them to feel better and get back to normal. But, it's pretty tiring on the parent, especially ol' Mom.
**Update: Raegan now has thrush! This is a new one for me, Brody never had this before. So, she is now on an antibiotic, steroid, Nistatin for the thrush, and motrin here and there for her teeth. Poor thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment