Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Storm '09

Here in Lexington, we have had ice and snow for the past 2 days.  It's fun to get winter weather, but I'm getting a little tired of it now!  Since it's so icy, it's really not safe for Brody to go out and play in it.  So, we're stuck inside, running out of things to do, getting tired of each other by the minute!  I'm guessing there will be no school tomorrow, so no Mom's Day Out! :(  Ryan's frustrated that he still has to go to work everyday no matter what the weather is like.  **sigh** Life of a lowly resident!

I had a doctor appointment yesterday that I managed to re-schedule so I could make sure to get in before the really bad weather hit.  Everything is great, the baby is doing just fine.  We have our big ultrasound February 18 in the morning.  We are definitely going to find out the baby's sex.  I just have a feeling it is a boy, I don't know why, just a gut feeling.  My sister is 3 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy.  She found out last week she is having a girl!  It'll be nice having a baby girl in the family.  Lots of pink and cute outfits to buy!  Jodi is due the end of June, I'm due mid-July! Crazy timing!

So, things here are going pretty well.  The footer for our house was layed last week when the temps were in the 50's!  It's exciting, but sort of scary.  It's like we have 2 houses now, no backing out!  I just hope we sell our house quickly!  Here's a picture of Brody shoveling the ice/snow with my Dad.  He liked the "dumping" part the best.


1 comment:

Rachel Julius.... said...

come to michigan...we've been trapped in the house for weeks!!! brody looks like he's having so much fun!!!!! glad to hear all is well with the baby :)