Thursday, January 1, 2009

West Family News

We hope everyone had a great Christmas.  The West Family had a great holiday.  Brody enjoyed spending lots of time with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and especially cousins!  Santa Claus came and left Brody lots of new toys and books.  He had a great time.  Shortly after, Brody and I both got pretty bad colds.  Of course, Brody's turned into an ear infection.  He is on antibiotics and is on the mend!

Our computer totally quit working on us about a month ago.  We have been without computer access (mainly internet!) for a long time.  We finally bought a new computer, an iMac.  I love it! I've never been a Mac user, but so far, it is definitely worth the extra expense.  I'll be learning new things every day, I'm sure.  

I know a lot of people know, but I thought I would make our news official.  We are expecting Baby #2!  I am almost 12 weeks, due July 20.  The last couple of months have been pretty rough.  Nausea 24/7!  It is so much harder being pregnant with a 2-year old running around.  I'm sure all you seasoned moms out there already know this.  We had a dr. appt yesterday.  We heard the baby's heartbeat and saw the little one on-screen during an ultrasound.  All is well so far, thank goodness.  I'm hoping I get my energy back soon!  This house is a disaster, that's for sure!  So, this summer is going to be CRAZY!  We will be selling our house, moving to our new house in August, baby arriving in late July, Ryan finishing residency and starting to study for his exam......  The list goes on and on.  I definitely lie awake many nights worrying about the next few months.  I'm sure it will all go well, as close-to-plan as possible.  

Happy New Year!


6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats!! Keep us posted- will you find out what you are having?

kara Forston said...

Yay! Let me know if you need any help with Brody...he can come over and play so you can nap...I know how exhausting it is to chase around a toddler while you feel tired and yucky! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! :)

Rachel Julius.... said...

Congrats!!! I've not read the blog lately....I'm so happy for you guys!!!!

jejic said...

Congrats! Twice the fun!