Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleep Issues

Ryan is on vacation this week, yea! But, he has been golfing both days so far, so we haven't really benefited from his presence yet. This week we plan on going to the pumpkin farm again, and then to Red River Gorge for a nice little hike. It will be fun, especially since the leaves are changing colors and the scenery will be beautiful.

Brody is doing well, except for his sleeping. He is afraid to fall asleep on his own now! Grrrr!!! Talk about frustrating. Yesterday, he screamed in his room for over an hour refusing to fall asleep for a nap without me laying next to him on the floor. I know he is not ready to abandon his nap, because when I lay with him, he will sleep for about 2 hours. At nighttime, same thing. He will finally cry himself to sleep, only to wake up 3 hours later and cry again. This repeats until about 530am, which is when I give up and bring him into my room until his normal wake up time, 730am. So, I am super grouchy, tired, and overall just pissed! I really do require sleep to function and to be a happy and loving mom every day. The last month or so, Brody has had this horrible cycle of sleep. Ryan keeps saying it is just a transitional phase, he will outgrow it. But, I'm having trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We have a consistent bedtime routine, nightlight, fan running for noise, blankets, stuffed animals, etc. Nothing seems to comfort him, except us in there. I REFUSE to have to lay down next to him for the rest of his life. I don't know if that's mean of me, if it is....I guess I'm mean. For those of you with kids and experience in this area.....any suggestions?? I am becoming very desperate.

I hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather like I am. I am so glad to put jeans and sweatshirts on Brody. It's always fun to enjoy new seasons and the new clothes that come with it!


Here are some pictures of Brody's trip to Evan's Orchard. I am also posting a picture of Brody with a black eye. He got it after he hit his head on the slide at the park. Black eye #1 down....many more to come, I'm sure.









1 comment:

Rachel Julius.... said...

Oh I feel for you! It hasn't been that bad for us yet but i can see that happening. She is a terrible naper (sp) and during the day she will cry when i put her down - i sometimes let her cry for 2 hours straight....i don't know what else to do. your nicer then me - i don't lay there with her......your not mean at all! i think that once you start something it's only something else to break them from but at the same time - your about to lose your mind and just want him to sleep.........i hope it gets better for you. again, i will send over my nanny to help out...ha ha, i wish!