Tomorrow is the last day in August! This summer has flown by, and I am so glad the Fall Season is upon us. Aside from Spring, Fall is one of my favorite seasons! Love the crisp air, colorful leaves, and football!
Brody is doing wonderful in Kindergarten. I was a little worried that he was not making friends very quickly. He is in a class where a lot of the boys already know each other from last year. A lot of them were in the same preschool class and Brody was in a different one.None of the boys from his class are in his K class. But, this week I have seen a huge improvement in that area. He has 2 playdates with classmates this week! Brody's favorite activities in school are P.E., music class, math, and doing projects (cutting, pasting, coloring). He really likes his teacher, which I'm so thankful!
Raegan has started to go to a preschool here in Paris on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She is there from 9am-3pm. They eat lunch at noon and have naptime from 1-3pm. She struggles with me leaving her, but her teacher says she has a great time and is totally fine the whole day. She is singing songs and learning how to draw in circles and is learning to play and share with other kids her age. Raegan is so happy to see me when I pick her up in the afternoons. I'm so proud of her!
While the kids are gone on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have been working at Ryan's office. Ryan's mom is the office manager and virtually has no back-up. She is training me to do most of her duties, so I can eventually take over her position when/if needed. I have learned to do the payroll, billing and coding, and so much more. I always knew my mother-in-law worked long, hard hours at the office. But I had no idea how much work she actually did in a single day. I am so glad I am going to help her out. Hopefully she can now sleep at night knowing she has a back-up!
I am really enjoying working. It has been 5 years since I left my full-time position at Lexmark. It is so nice to be a part of the "real world" again. It has been great for me and I'm even looking forward to working more as Raegan gets older. I love my kids and miss them when I don't see them. I wouldn't trade staying home with them for anything. I feel so blessed that I have so much time with them both. But, working a couple days a week has been really awesome for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment