Brody just finished a two-week session of swimming lessons at Transy. We had never been there before, but decided to try it. He has been so close to swimming for a year now, so I really wanted to get him over the hump this summer. Transy has great facilities, and really nice instructors. There were only 2 kids per adult, so he got lots of private instruction. He really enjoyed it, and learned so much!
At the end of every class, they were allowed to jump off the diving board, which of course he was all about. On the last class, he asked the teacher if he could jump off the high dive! I was shocked. He didn't mention this to me, so I didn't know he was wanting to do it! He got up there and was about to climb up the ladder, but no one was going to be up there with him. I protested just for a minute and requested someone walk behind him. I could just imagine what could happen if he got up there and freaked out, 10 feet up on a narrow board! Gladly, someone followed him up the ladder and onto the diving board. My brave little boy took one look down at the lifeguard who was in the water waiting for him to jump in, and JUMPED!! I was so proud of him! I know I didn't jump off the high dive until I was at least 10. Even then, I was scared, and probably wouldn't be able to do it today! I'm so glad he has the gumption to do such things, at not even 5 years old! Unfortunately, I was watching all of this while trying to contain Raegan as well. So, I did not get pictures of Brody jumping.
So, all in all, swimming lessons at Transy were a great success. He can now swim on his own, though it isn't always pretty! He feels more confident in his swimming abilities, going underwater to swim, starting to use strokes, and dog-paddling like a champ! Way to go Brody!
2 comments:
Wow! You have a real swimmer! We've been struggling with swimming but getting there. It sounds like you're enjoying your summer!
I need to look into this for Colin. Was it an every day thing and for how long each day? Was there an age minimum?
Post a Comment