Friday, June 24, 2011

Lexington Arboretum Children's Garden

Today was a day where I woke up and had no plan for the kids. Usually I try to plan out the day the night before, but today I had nothing! We had to go to Lexington to check on my parent's house and get their mail and feed the fish in the pond. So, I knew the activity must be in Lexington. But what to do???

Driving in to Lexington, I went through downtown instead of New Circle Rd. As I was passing the stadium, I remembered seeing some friends' pictures on Facebook of their kids at the new Children's Garden at the Arboretum. The weather was super, not too sunny, cool temps, so I thought it would be a perfect day for a visit.

I am so glad we decided to go. The kids had a GREAT time. It is such a nice place to take kids and spend a couple of hours outdoors. I was a little disappointed that we had to pay to get in. But, it was worth it. Brody and Raegan could have stayed for several hours. There was lots to do: Water sprays, walking in the rocks in the stream, digging in the dirt, watering flowers, looking at the beautiful scenery. I would highly recommend going, if you have little ones.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

My friend's mom runs the Arboretum and she had told me it was newly opened. I haven't been yet but we're anxious to check it out. I didn't know it cost money though. I guess they have to pay for it somehow.