
We are in the midst of March Madness, and UK is on a roll! They made it to the Sweet 16, tonight play #1 overall seed Ohio State. It's going to be a heck of a game, but I have faith in our Big Blue! I have been a UK fan since middle school. I remember in high school, my friend and I would drive by the Wildcat Lodge just hoping we would see some basketball players. When I worked at Kmart in high school, the whole team came in. I was so beyond myself that I got ALL of their autographs! I had to be so dorky!! It was back in 1996, so there were awesome players: Ron Mercer, Dereck Anderson, Wayne Turner....
Being a student at UK was the best. I went to every ticket lottery and always got seats to the home games(not always the best seats, but I was at the game, none the less). Some of my favorite college memories were of those lottery nights, sitting with Ryan and some friends, doing homework/reading and waiting for our number to be called. It was so much fun! I hope my kids get to enjoy the same things as a college student! Of course they will go to UK.
So, here we are...2011. I am still a huge UK fan, and my team is in a big game tonight. I'll be awake, rooting them on, while my kids are fast asleep. GO BIG BLUE!!
1 comment:
Well at least one member of your family went to the right school! (: I'm glad you're raising your kids right - ha, ha!
GO CATS!
Post a Comment