Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Day of Preschool!

Brody's first day of preschool was this Tuesday. He was excited, enjoyed packing his lunch and backpack. But, as soon as we got there, the tears started! He did not want me to leave. He did this same thing last year when he went to 3-year old preschool. So, I knew I just needed to give him one last hug and leave. It was hard on me, let me tell you!

So, that was Tuesday. Every day since, he has walked right in and has been an angel! He was just testing me, obviously! I understand, a new school, new kids, new teachers. It's hard on little ones. But, he's adjusted perfectly. He is really enjoying his time at school. He goes every day from 8-11:30! Raegan gets time with Mommy by herself, and takes a nap, while I get stuff done. It's a nice change. This week, I'm going to start going to the Y after I drop Brody off to exercise. I'm going to try to start running, we'll see how that goes! I hope I have the strength to leave little Raegan in the child watch area. I'm so horrible at leaving my kids when they're little. But, really....it's only for 45 minutes or so! I can do it!!

I did get a picture of Brody on his first day before the crying started. My little boy is growing up....so happy and so sad at the same time!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

I hear ya! It's never easy to leave them and it never gets any easier. Good luck with your running and leaving Reagan.